Pre and Post Congress Tours
The Organising Committee has compiled a pre- and post-congress tour programme for delegates and accompanying persons to experience the rest of South Africa and surrounding countries. The following tours are planned:
Kruger National Park
3 Days / 2 Nights
Experience the Unforgettable Sights and Sounds of Africa's Wilderness
See more of what the Kruger and surrounds have to offer by travelling in a luxury coach from Johannesburg to the scenic town of Hazyview situated on the border of South Africa's greatest safari destination, the Kruger National Park. You will enjoy game drives in a closed vehicle with viewings at waterholes, rest breaks at camps and tranquil overnight stays at a picturesque safari hotel.
- Exhilarating Big 5 game viewing and bird-watching
- Gorgeous mountain scenery of Mpumalanga's Eastern Escarpment
- Mpumalanga's scenic towns – Dullstroom, Lydenburg, Sabie & Graskop.
4 Days / 3 Nights
Explore the Garden Route and its abundant attractions in just four days
Experience the highlights of the Garden Route, travelling from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town in this short four day tour. Visit Tsitsikamma National Park en route to the quaint holiday town of Knysna. Enjoy the bright greens and blues of the forests and lagoons and the evocative landscapes of the Klein Karoo and Oudtshoorn.
- Verdant natural beauty of the Tsitsikammamountains and forests, Nature's Valley and Knysna's spectacular lagoon.
- Travelling the Outeniqua mountain pass and entering the Klein Karoo with its ostrich farms and the exceptional Cango Caves.
- Boat ride into Storms river mouth.
Victoria Falls Fly In
3 Days / 2 Nights
Experience one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World
Stand in the footsteps of David Livingstone on Livingstone Island, the only accessible land in the middle of the Victoria Falls. Feel the spray in your face, hear the roar in your ears as you experience the same awe and wonder at the extraordinary spectacle of the Victoria Falls.
- Guided tour of the exhilarating, unforgettable Victoria Falls including views of the eastern cataract, the Main Falls and the Boiling Pot from Zambia's best vantage points such as Knife Edge Bridge, the Falls Bridge and the Lookout Tree
- Sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River with its hippos and crocodiles
- Leisure time to enjoy the Victoria Falls activities and adventures of your choice
Blue Train Classic
All the Grace, Elegance and Romance of a 5-Star Luxury Train Journey
The Blue Train is synonymous with the finest, most gracious travel, evoking all the refinement and luxury of the Victorian era. This two day journey from Cape Town to Pretoria traverses the scenic Cape Winelands and the stunning dry plains and mountains of the Klein and Groot Karoo to reach the grasslands of the Highveld. While the immense scenery of South Africa passes by, you will enjoy relaxing in your opulent suite or the elegant lounges, as well as dining in Silver Service tradition featuring the best of local cuisine and award-winning wines.
- The 'Old World' mystique and magnificence of a journey on The Blue Train, travelled by kings, queens and presidents
- An off-train excursion to Matjiesfontein in the Klein Karoo with its Victorian-era architecture and original 19th Century London lamp posts
- Sumptuous breakfasts, lunches, high teas and dinners served in the sophisticated dining-car with meticulous attention to every fine detail
Sun City & Pilanesberg Nature Reserve Tour
Full Day Tour (Johannesburg Based)
Travel through the Crocodile Ramble and visit the popular Chameleon Village near Hartbeespoort Dam, boasting various African arts and crafts, en-route to Pilanesberg National Park. Enjoy a closed vehicle game drive, seeking out the Big Five in the Pilanesberg National Park, which is abundant in various plains game and birds life, followed by a guided tour of the famous Sun City Resort including the Valley of the Waves and Waterworld (entrance fee not included). Sun City is not only a luxury casino and resort but is also a flagship structure associated with times during the Apartheid South Africa. Bordering this entertainment complex, you will find one of the world's outstanding geological phenomena; a crater of a long extinct volcano and the result of eruptions some 1,200 million years ago – The Pilanesberg Game Reserve. This area of 572 square km is not home to most southern African species but also home to the Big Five, namely lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard.
For more information and assistance please contact:
Carolyn Ackermann Melnick, CMP
Scatterlings Conference & Events